Graduated in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering in 1989 at University of Genoa (Italy).
Served as Marine Engineer Officer in Italian Navy 1990-1991.
Researcher at CETENA S.p.A. from 1991 to 1994.
Researcher at University of Genoa - Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering Department from 1994 to 2002.
Since November 2002 Associate Professor at the University of Genoa – Politechnic School.
Since November 2013 Head of Master Course and Bachelor Course in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering.
- Military Vessels, Ship Auxiliary Systems, Reliability Availability and Safety of Marine Systems;
- Ship Propulsion System (Italian Navy Academy, Livorno).
Scientific interests :
- dynamic simulation of marine systems
- reliability and safety of marine systems
- environmental impacts of ships and their consequence on the design
Research activity is documented by about 100 scientific papers.