Labuna Hewage Ranjith Sepala
Eng. Sepala is a Chartered Engineer by profession, currently employed as the Chief Training Manager in Mahapola Ports & Maritime Academy by the Sri Lanka Ports Authority. He is having 31 years of continuous professional experience in project engineering, computer science, Human Resources, Training and development by having held senior managerial positions.
He is an innovative, positive minded and result oriented leader, who has focused knowledge and skills in achieving results at exceptional manner, in which has facilitated continuous improvement under high vulnerable environment for implementation of policy and administrative procedures.
He has conducted many research activities in Energy management, Energy conservation, Port Operations etc. in order to apply new technology for container handling with attitudinal change towards increasing efficiency.
Education & Professional Qualifications:
- Degree in B.Sc. Engineering (Electrical) from University of Moratuwa in 1985
- Post graduate degree in M.Sc. (Computer Science) from University of Colombo in 2005
- Chartered Engineer from Institute of Engineers, Sri Lanka in 2001
- Certified as System Engineer for Microsoft
- Member of the Energy Managers Association, Sri Lanka.
Professional Positions held during the career in the Sri Lanka Ports Authority
- Chief Training Manager
- Chief Human Resource Manager
- Resident Manager ( Port of Galle)
- Senior Engineer (Electrical/Electronics/Telecommunications and Networking)
- Senior Manager