WMU´S MISSION IS TO BE THE WORLD CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE IN POSTGRADUATE MARITIME AND OCEANS EDUCATION, PROFESSIONAL TRAINING AND RESEARCH, WHILE BUILDING GLOBAL CAPACITY AND PROMOTING SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
WMU THIRD International CONFErence: empowering women in the maritime community
Since being founded in 1983 under the auspices of the IMO, the World Maritime University (WMU), has been committed to the advancement of women in the maritime professions.
The 2019 WMU Empowering Women in the Maritime Community Conference is a two-day programme consisting of a series of parallel sessions, research presentations and panel workshops. This includes plenary sessions on, among other, Women in Maritime and Ocean Governance, Women in Leadership for Sustainable Maritime and Ocean and Gender Equality as a Key for Capacity Building. The sessions are designed to deliver actionable information to help stakeholders make informed, evidence-based decisions related to policy, regulations or guidelines.
WMU conferences are an important forum for the maritime and oceans community to exchange information on the latest developments in maritime and oceans affairs, discuss policy frameworks and work on solutions to challenges of the 21 st century. The forum also provides excellent opportunities for professional networking, interdisciplinary debate and
The Conference will bring together participants from governments, ports, industry,
academia, research institutes, UN agencies, NGOs, media and WMU/IMLI alumni. The aim is to identify gaps in current policies and programmes in promoting women pursuing careers in the maritime and ocean sectors, and to call for actions among stakeholders in support of achieving the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), in particular Goal 5 (gender equality).
The Conference is expected to attract delegates from across the globe, and to be attended by more than 200 participants from academia, industry, international organizations and government.
Sanjam Sahi Gupta
WISTA India Founding Member and President
”We need to encourage people to look for the right ‘person’ for the job, rather than the right ‘man’ for the job.”
Six reasons to sponsor the 2019 WMU Women´s Conference
- Position you and your business as an authority recognizing the contribution of
women in the maritime and oceans sector
- Publicly support the IMO World Maritime Day theme for 2019 “Empowering
Women in the Maritime Community”.
- Build brand awareness and secure brand recognition with key influencers.
- Increase your reach and form new business partnerships with key decision makers.
- Ensure a greater return on investment by marketing your business at a fraction of
normal marketing cost.
- Get the spotlight on you and your business, stand out of the crowd as gender
attentive influencer and create new leads or otherwise utilize thought leadership
What can you do to maximize returns on your WMU Women´s Conference sponsorship?
The 2019 WMU Women’s Conference provides a range of sponsorship opportunities for leading companies and organizations to promote their products and services and increase their company profile while meeting their marketing objectives.
- Share your relevant marketing materials with conference participants.
- Present yourself as a thought leader to the global audience in attendance.
- Highlight your sponsorship of the event on your social media networks, your website and other communication channels.
- Leverage the contacts you made from the sponsorship through email marketing and other engagement tools like social media.
WISTA EXCO Board Member
”Female talent in shipping is promoting diversity. I think it can also promote innovation and give this industry a more competitive
The 2019 WMU Women’s Conference provides a range of sponsorship opportunities for leading companies and organizations to promote their products and services and increase their company profile while meeting their marketing objectives. For more information, contact email@example.com.